Linda Grashoff's Photography Adventures

Posts tagged “reflected light

What Do You Call This?

July 28, 2018

The sun is coming in from the left and hitting a window to the right and above what you see in this image. The sun bounces off the window and lands on the sidewalk. What is this rectangle of light called? It seems to me that it’s not a reflection really. I’ve tagged it “reflected light” in other posts. See here and here and here. Is there an official or at least better name for it???

Some Walls in Oberlin 9

July 11, 2017

Some Walls in Oberlin 8

July 10, 2017

This is not the same wall as the one whose photograph I posted May 20, and it can’t be light reflecting off of the same object. After I posted the May 20 photograph, I saw someone else’s photograph of a similar design on a wall somewhere else. I wonder what makes these X designs.

Some Walls in Oberlin 1

May 20, 2017